Recipe Submitted by Strong Momma, Danielle
– Place prepared spaghetti squash halves flesh side down in a glass baking dish. Fill the dish with about 1″ of water.
– Cook spaghetti squash on HIGH for 10-15 minutes in the microwave. Until the squash is tender.
– Preheat broiler to HIGH.
– Heat large skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and ground turkey. Saute turkey until no longer pink, be sure to chop the turkey with a spatula to break the turkey into small pieces. About 5-7 minutes.
– Next add garlic cloves, dry basil, dry oregano, fennel seeds, and salt. Stir to mix and saute for 1 minute.
– Add in the diced tomatoes, stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes to let flavors cook together.
– Remove the pan from the heat, and add cottage cheese to meat mixture. Gently toss.
– Add spaghetti squash to a baking sheet, flesh side up. Fill the hole in the squash with the meat mixture (you will have some left over). Top each squash with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
– Place baking sheet in oven under the broiler fro 5 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned.
– Using a fork gently scrap the flesh of the spaghetti squash to create spaghetti looking pieces.