One question that comes up a lot is “What equipment do I need for a home gym?” The answer is not much…but as you start to set, achieve (and CRUSH) your fitness PRs you are going to need access to more equipment to take it to the next level.
Everyone’s fitness goals are different – and maybe getting a set of 10 consecutive pushups is your #1 fitness goal – in that case, no equipment is needed. But if you want to be able to do unassisted pull ups or deadlift your bodyweight – you’re going to need a few things.
Obviously, budget and space is going to come into play, but if you start off with just a few items that you need you can always add to it later – this list is MY recommendations on what you should include to #TrainLikeAnAthlete. These items can be purchased in various locations, however I have included links for your convenience.
1. Pull up Bar – Iron Gym Total Body Workout Bar
2. Various Tension Resistance Bands – Black Mountain Products Strength Loop Resistance Exercise Bands and Theraband Resistance Band Loops
3. Adjustable Dumbbells (5-50lbs) Great option if you don’t have a ton of space – Stairmaster TwistLock Adjustable Dumbbells Pair
4. Olympic Plates (for Olympic and heavy lifts like cleans, deadlifts, etc) – XM-3377-BAL-65 XMark Rubber Coated Tri-grip Olympic Plate Weight Packages
5. Olympic Bar Bell – STEELBODY 7 ft. Olympic Weight Bar
6. Adjustable Bench/Step or PlyoBox – Golds Gym Xtreme Plyometric Jump Box
7. Stability Ball – GoFit GF-65BALL Exercise Ball With Pump (65 Cm; White)
8. Yoga Mat – Gaiam Print Yoga Mat
9. Foam Roller (for recovery) – Valeo Foam Roller
10. Kettlebell – GoFit Premium Kettlebell
Are you a mom who was once a competitive athlete? Maybe in high school – maybe in college – but now you spend more time chasing kids around than opponents on the field or track…but you miss that athlete and want to find her again?